Monday, March 15, 2010
Ballarat Writers Group
On Wednesday 10/03/2010, I went to the Ballarat Writers Group to listen to a reading from Tanya Andrusiak who is the lead author of 'Proofing your kids in a Media Saturated World'. Tanya read out her contribution in 'Getting Real Anthology'. It was about her journey through bulimia and the importance society puts on body image. Her reading was extremely riveting as she took you through the emotional roller coaster of trying to fit into the stereotype produced by societies obsession with the perfect body. Her story was one that everyone can relate to as we all struggle with self acceptance and the acceptance of others. I enjoyed the recital enormously and look forward to their next meeting
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mum, we need Vegemite.
ReplyDeleteThere's some in the drawer open your eyes.
ReplyDeleteI've never had bulimia, in fact the few times I've thrown up has made me feel very ordinary and axhausted. Therefore even if I over-eat and think I would be a good idea to get rid of some, I never do, because the outcome would be too terrible for me.
ReplyDeleteOn another subject. What can you tell me about the Ballarat Writers Group? ... I might want to join or just come along to watch etc.
Donna ...........im bored
ReplyDelete